Rabu, 20 Januari 2010

Last Week

Last week, I and my friends, or I can say some of them were attend to the Academic Advisor Meeting at Kompleks Sukan. I can say that only almost half of my classmate was attend at that meeting. It feels so disappointed when thinking about their perception of Academic Advisor.

They think that Academic Advisor (also known as Penasihat akademik, PA) is not important for student. Actually it is very important because PA can help us when we have a problem especially related to academic matter. PA also can drive us to what we are supposed to do to manage our academic things.

Ok, this is not what I like to talk about. I like to talk about something that funny but include an implicit message and sense of engineering. In that meeting, we are given a file and a few papers for us to take a note for something important to record in case we not bring our own paper (usually we are not bring any kind of paper for meeting like that, hahaha). Attached with them, there are one article that I can say as a “selingan” (I don’t know what to say it in English). Below is the article that we got, for this time, I can give one of them first. I’ll give the rest at the next post.



Different between an Engineer, a physicist and a mathematician

An Engineer, a physicist and a mathematician are staying in the hotel.

The engineer wakes up and smells smoke. He goes out into the hallway and sees a fire, so he fills a trash can from his room with water and douses the fire. He goes back to bed.

Later, the physicist wakes up and smells smoke. He opens his door and sees a fire in the hallway. He walks down the hall to a fire hose and after calculating the flame velocity, distance, water pressure, trajectory and etc. extinguishes the fire with the minimum amount of water and energy needed.

Later, the mathematician wakes up and smells smoke. He goes to the hall, sees the fire and then the fire hose. He thinks for a moment and then exclaims, “Ah, a solution exist!” and then goes back to bed.



frensicksignature

Tiada ulasan:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails